Friday, September 16, 2011

Shitty Blog Post #2

I don't want to give up my old consoles (namely the Saturn) once I get my new monitor. In order to use them on a VGA monitor, however, I'm going to need to get an upscaler. The more I looked around, the more the prospects of getting a SCART RGB -> VGA upscaler seemed bleak. There's always the XRGB3, but that thing costs as much as a candy cab.

Then I stumbled upon a new upscaler made by the same company as the XRGB3, Micomsoft. It's physically smaller and has less inputs/outputs, but it'll (probably) still get the job done. Price hasn't been announced yet, but they've said it's going to be cheaper than the XRGB3. The best part? It's called the fucking FLAME MEISTER.

So yeah, once I get my FLAME MEISTER, I'll be sure to let you all know just how good it is. It looks promising, though. If it upscales comparably to the XRGB3, keeps the lag below 1 frame and emulates scanlines, it'll be a winner in my eyes.

1 comment: