Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hello Esaka

Being a 360 owner isn't easy if you play fighting games. You'll go into an IRC channel for the first time and ask if anyone's up for some games on XBL, only to find out that nearly everyone owns a PS3 instead.

Don't let that opening paragraph fool you: this isn't about console wars or any petty bullshit like that. If I had my way, I'd have a PS3 in addition to my 360 and I'd be mashing Gundam netplay day and night.

It's just nice that, for once, being a 360 owner pays off.

PS3 owners are going to have to wait until next month to get their hands on EX Kyo, due to a "technical problem" (whatever the hell that means). 360 owners, on the other hand, were able to purchase him yesterday.

I've already had a tremendous amount of fun with EX Kyo, and I haven't even used him against a live opponent yet. If you ask me, he's stronger than regular Kyo due to having a better neutral game (thanks in no small part to his rekkas) and better HD combos. I may even go as far as to call him... the best character in the game. But! If it turns out to be someone else (my second bet is EX Iori), I'll gladly eat those words.

But god damn, just look at this. He has ways out of his own safejumps for fuck's sake.



Don't worry, I've already asked Santa for a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment